Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OBAMA

I am in awe of our new President! I had huge reservations about him when he was campaigning but I love the choice of cabinet members and today on TV his government transparency provisions left me dumb founded. We may have the real deal with this man.

ANSWER ABOUT THE DONKEY

My uncle by marriage, Gene Croy used to run the Donkey at Bull Creek. It was a big machine that rested upon a bluff overlooking the Bull Creek road and the log pond of a lumber mill. The Donkey had steel cables that were hooked to the logs on the big trucks that parked between the road and the pond. The lumberjacks fastened the cables to the logs and the Donkey pulled them up and dropped them into the pond. Once in a while, (just for fun) my Uncle made the Donkey slap the huge steel cables down across the road. This was scary for everybody, but no self-respecting lumberjack would admit it. I can remember by Aunt Maude Croy saying, "If the cables came down on a man, it would cut him in half!"

Copyright 2009 Sharon Porter Moxley

No comments: