Monday, February 23, 2009

History of Humboldt County

Today I am updating this bit about my blog, Whitethorn Kid Logger Journal.

I was born in Eureka in 1939. I moved to Bull Creek in the second grade.(wiped out in the floods of 1955 and 1964) Most of my childhood was spent in Whitethorn, Humboldt County, California. My blog centers around my days in Whitethorn. From time to time I write about other parts of Humboldt County and current events or opinions.

My blog describes people and events in Whitethorn during the years 1946-1951. My stepfather, Al Sharpe, owned the Whitethorn Lumber Company and the Whitethorn Bar as well as 700 acres of whitethorn brush, poison oak, tan oak, madrone, fir, bay and 2 wonderful acres of old growth redwoods he saved behind our house.

The blog is historically accurate and it names and describes people who lived in Humboldt County.

Copyright 2009 Sharon Porter Moxley

No comments: