Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jamestown Settlement

As most of you readers know, I have been researching my ancesters on Ancestry.com. I have another surprise for you. I am a direct descendent of several settler's of Jamestown, Virginia. One of my ancestors, Richard Pace helped save many of the Jamestown people by warning them about the impending Indian Attack of 1622. Richard had adopted an indian boy who told him about the indian's plan. Although many settlers lost their lives in the raid, including a few of my ancestor cousins, many more would have died if Richard had not warned them.

I am currently reading Jamestown, The Buried Truth, by William M. Kelso. Very interesting book about the archaeologists who dug up the town around 1995. They found many artifacts from the settlement and they even did face reconstruction on a few of the skulls of the dead settlers. No, they didn't reconstruct Richard Pace's face. Darn it.

No comments: